7445, BILBY 12.8" L are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Bilby Facts for Kids
- Bilbies are sometimes referred to as rabbit-eared bandicoots
- Bilbies live in deserts, dry forests, dry grasslands, and dry shrubby areas in Australia.
- Bilbies have pointed heads that taper into a long narrow snout.
- Bilbies have small black eyes.
- Bilbies don’t have very good eyesight, and rely on their hearing and sense of smell to find food and to sense danger.
- Bilbies have large ears, allowing them to have better hearing.
- Bilbies are omnivores with a diet that includes insects such as termites, spiders and other small animals such as lizards and worms, small mammals, fruit, bulbs, and seeds.
- Bilbies typically make several burrows within its home range, up to about a dozen, and moves between them, using them for shelter both from predators and the heat of the day.
- Bilbies don’t need to drink, as they get all of the water they need from their food.
- Bilbies weigh up to 2.5 kg, females weighing proportionally less.
- Bilbies are nocturnal, only emerging from their burrows at night.
- A Bilby’s forelimbs are strong as they are designed for digging.
- Three of the five digits on each forepaw of a Bilby are clawed.
- Bilbies move around with a hare-like movement.
- Female bilbies have pouches, which open from the bottom, in which they carry their young.
- Bilbies are currently rated ‘Vulnerable’ on the IUCN Red List
- Chocolate ‘Easter Bilbies’ are eaten at Easter as a way of raising awareness of the bilby’s vulnerable status.
- Each year, National Bilby Day is held on the second Sunday in September.
Product Dimension: 12.8(L) X6 (W) X 12(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Down Under is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.