4002, DACHSHUND PUP 16''L are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Dachshunds, affectionately called Doxies, are famous for their adorable, funny shape. But their long bodies and short legs were meant for more than just making humans fall in love with them.
Fun Facts About the Dachshund
- They Were Bred to Hunt Badgers. The name “Dachshund” is actually German for badger dog.
- They Have Three Different Types of Coats. Dachshunds can have smooth, wirehaired, or longhaired coats. All Dachshunds used to have smooth coats, and the smooth variety is still the most popular. Breeders probably crossed smooth Dachshunds with other dog breeds to produce the two other coat varieties.
- The Dog, Not the Hotdog, Came First. Dachshunds are sometimes called wiener dogs because their long bodies resemble hotdogs. But would you believe that the original name for the hotdog was the Dachshund sausage? The deli product was so-named because it resembled the dog breed. The name was later shortened to hotdog.
- They Were Temporarily Rebranded During WWI. Dachshunds were associated with Germany during World War I because they were used in a lot of propaganda, and Kaiser Wilhelm II had a well-known love for Dachshunds. This association led to a decline in the breed's popularity in America. To counteract this effect, the AKC tried rebranding Dachshunds as “badger dogs,” the translation of their German name, or as “liberty pups.”
- A Dachshund Was the First Olympic Mascot. The official mascot of the 1972 Munich Olympic Games was a colorful Dachshund named Waldi. This was the first time the Olympics had a mascot. Olympic officials actually plotted that year's marathon route in the shape of a Dachshund.
6. There Are Dachshund Races. Dachshund races started in Australia in the 1970s and have since spread around the world. The Wienerschnitzel Weiner Nationals have been going on every year in Southern California since 1995. It's not a very serious sport, since Dachshunds were never meant to be racing dogs, but it sure is a hoot.
Product Dimensions: 15.75(L) X 6.3(W) X 5.12(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Dogs & Cats is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.