4555, FERRET, CRÈME 16'' are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Ferrets are extremely intelligent and domesticated animals that typically have a playful, curious, and mischievous nature. They are incredibly social animals and happily live in large groups. Ferrets are typically crepuscular (most active at dawn and dusk) or nocturnal. All ferrets like to burrow, and domestic ferrets like to sleep in an enclosed space.
Ferrets are becoming more and more popular as pets, which means that learning about them before getting one is extremely important. If you're looking for general information about ferrets, such as what to expect when you live with a ferret, where ferrets live or what they eat, you will have no trouble finding ferret facts. Here are a few tips and fun facts about these very interesting pets:
1) Ferrets aren't wild animals! They were domesticated more than 2500 years ago and their ancestor is the European polecat. So, today's ferrets are far from being wild animals.
2) The name, ferret is derived from the Latin furittus, meaning "furry little thief." Sable ferrets are a perfect example of this, because they have little masks around their eyes which make them look like thieves!
3) Ferrets love to stash. Another reason why they are called thieves is the fact that they love to stash everything they can carry. Slippers, socks, keys, toys.... You name it and they will sneak it under the couch and hide it.
4) Ferrets are big sleepers. Those high-energy, fluffy balls are actually pretty big sleepers. They sleep about 16-20 hours a day. Small ferrets – kits, as they're called, often sleep less, while older ferrets tend to sleep more.
5) Ferrets love to explore. When they are awake, ferrets don't stay in one place. They will run, jump, sniff and investigate every inch of the house, because they are very, very curious. The unpleasant part is that they can get stuck, so it is extremely important to ferret proof your home (or the area where the ferret lives) to keep your him or her safe.
6) Beastie ferret. Ferrets are obligate carnivores which means that they have to eat raw meat, bones, and organs. If you aren't able to provide them a diet rich in meats, it is extremely important to choose high-quality food. There are good quality kibbles on the market, so as you read the ingredients, be sure that raw meat or organs are the first three ingredients on the list (chicken, duck's liver, beef, lamb...).
7) Dooking and hissing. Ferrets aren't loud animals and they produce sound only in special circumstances. When they are very happy or excited they will produce one weird clicking sound called dooking. When they are angry or scared, they will hiss. If you hear a hiss from a ferret, he is telling you to back off.
8) A ferret can get along well with other pets. Ferrets work best with cats. With dogs, they need to be supervised, because some breeds of dogs are bred to hunt rats and other pests, which ferrets can resemble, putting them at risk of becoming prey. Ferrets and rodents should not live together, as ferrets eat rodents. There is a chance their instincts will prevail, making the rodent prey. Birds and ferrets are an equally poor combination.
9) Ferrets love tunnels. The perfect toys for ferrets are tunnels. They love to be in narrow spaces, so tunnels are something every ferret adores. In the past, people used ferrets for running the cables through pipes, which was great for both humans and ferrets alike.
Product Dimension: 15.75(L) X 6.3(W) X 9.84(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Woodland & Prairie is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.