3668, GIRAFFE, LARGE 64'' H, are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Giraffes are easily identified due to their exclusively long neck. The legs of giraffes are long and solid. The hind legs are shorter than the front legs. The eyes are quite large, the ears are medium-sized and the muzzle is long. The short mane stands upright. The tail is long and thin with a dark tassel of hair at the tip. Giraffes have short and sandy-colored coats. They have pelage markings of different shapes, colored in various shades of brown. This animal has bony horns or ossicones, placed on the top of its head. Normally, the horns of giraffes are medium-sized in both males and females. Male giraffes can sometimes grow another pair of horns behind the first pair. Females are identified by thin and tufted ossicones while males usually have thick horns with the hair, smoothed due to sparring.
At an average height of around 5 m (16-18 ft.), the giraffe is the tallest land animal in the world.
Characterized by its long legs, long neck, and distinctive spotted pattern, many people first believed the giraffe was a cross between a leopard and a camel, which is reflected in its scientific name, Giraffa camelopardalis.
Giraffes live primarily in savanna areas in the sub-Saharan region of Africa. Their extreme height allows them to eat leaves and shoots located much higher than other animals can reach. In particular, they seek out acacia trees. Their long tongues are helpful in eating because they help pull leaves from the trees. Spending most of the day eating, a full-grown giraffe consumes over 45 kg (100 lb.) of leaves and twigs a day.
- Giraffes sleep from 10 minutes to 2 hours a day, which is one of the shortest sleeping requirements among mammals.
- They rest, standing or lying with open eyes for 3-5 minutes at one time.
- The heart of this animal is about 61 cm (2 ft) long and weighs up to 10 kg (22 lbs). To keep blood flowing to the brain, the heart of a giraffe has to generate twice as much blood pressure as an average large mammal.
- These animals are generally silent; however, they frequently emit a 'moo' sound when in distress. In addition, they give out snorting, bellowing, or grunting sounds when alarmed or encountering a lion.
- They usually drink water in pairs, stooping down to the water's surface: while one of them drinks, the other one is able to watch after predators.
- In order to drink, the giraffe has to spread its front legs apart at an angle of about 45 degrees and lower its head, reaching ground level. This is truly a challenging task for this animal!
- Giraffes see in color and their senses of hearing and smell are also sharp. These animals can also close their muscular nostrils to protect against sandstorms and ants.
- The giraffe's prehensile tongue is about 45 cm (18 in) long. It is purplish-black in color, perhaps to protect against sunburn, and is useful for grasping foliage, as well as for grooming and cleaning the animal's nose. The upper lip of the giraffe is also prehensile and useful when foraging, and is covered in hair to protect against thorns.
Giraffe Large plush realistic toy, Hansa has created selection of animals featuring an internal structural metal frame. These life-size pieces have exceptionally strong, yet lightweight frames. Realistic, heirloom quality, and educational, yet soft, fun to play with, and collect, these special Hansa animals are specially designed for imaginative play!
Product Dimension: 47.24(L) X 12.6(W) X 64.96(H) 19.38 Lbs
HANSA CREATION, INC. Collection is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.