2888, HIPPO, HAPPY 18" L' are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
The hippopotamus (Hippopotamus amphibius) is a large semiaquatic mammal native to sub-Saharan Africa. It is one of only two extant species in the family Hippopotamidae, the other being the Pygmy hippopotamus. Its name comes from the ancient Greek for "river horse".
Aside from elephants and rhinos, the hippopotamus is the largest land mammal. It is also the largest extant land artiodactyl. Despite their physical resemblance to pigs and other terrestrial even-toed ungulates, the closest living relatives of the Hippopotamidae are cetaceans (whales, dolphins, porpoises, etc.), from which they diverged about 55 million years ago. Hippos are among the most dangerous animals in the world due to their highly aggressive and unpredictable nature.
- The word "hippopotami" can be used as the plural for "hippopotamus".
- A group of these animals has various names such as "pod", "herd", "school" or "bloat".
- The majority of the daytime hours these animals typically spend lying on their bellies in the water. They usually don't venture far from the shore. Those living far from human settlements take morning sunbaths, lying on the shore.
- These mammals have a rather spacious stomach, which can hold two days' portion of grass. Moreover, they can survive up to 3 weeks without food.
- When lying on their bellies, these animals resemble floating islands in rivers of Africa, particularly when birds sit on their back to catch fish.
- Small animals such as turtles or baby crocodiles occasionally take sunbaths on hippos.
- They are the only mammals in the world to produce amphibious calls.
- Hippos sleep with both hemispheres of the brain resting, as in all land mammals, and usually sleep on land or in water with the nostrils exposed. Despite this, they may be capable of sleeping while submerged, intermittently surfacing to breathe without waking. They appear to transition between different phases of sleep more quickly than other mammals.
Product Dimension: 18.11(L) X 8.27(W) X 6.3(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Safari is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.