4928, HYENA 9'' H are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
A highly misunderstood animal, the Spotted hyena (Crocuta crocuta) has the reputation of being cowardly and sly, but it is actually a fascinating and intelligent creature with a very interesting social system. It looks like a dog but is closer related to cats, civets, and genets. It is also called the laughing hyena. It is a strong and capable hunter and the largest member of the hyena family. Females and males look exactly the same except that females are a little larger.
- A hyena’s heart is double the size of that of mammals of a similar size.
- A hyena is the only predator which has jaws that are strong enough to rip elephant hide and crush elephant bone.
- These animals can digest items that most animals cannot, like bones and skin. Special stomach acids break down these animal parts.
- Hyena fossils have been discovered in Africa, North America, Asia, and Europe. But for the past 8,000 years, spotted hyenas have lived only in Africa.
- Spotted hyenas can trot for long distances at 6 miles (10 kilometers) an hour and not get tired. They are good swimmers as well.
- The Spotted hyena’s genus name, “crocuta,” is from a Latin word that means “an unknown wild animal of Ethiopia”.
Product Dimension: 13.78(L) X 5.12(W) X 10.24(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Safari is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.