3937, LION MED SEATED 8'' are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
The lion is the second largest member of the cat family after the tiger. Lions live in parts of Africa and India. Their loud roar is among the most terrifying sounds of the grasslands. The scientific name of the lion is Panthera leo.
The lion has a long body, short legs, sharp claws, and a large head. Adult males are about 9 to 10 feet (2.7 to 3 meters) long, including the tail. They stand about 3 feet (1 meter) tall at the shoulder and can weigh 370 to 500 pounds (170 to 230 kilograms). Females are shorter and more slender.
Lions are covered with yellow-brown hair. A male lion is easy to spot because of its mane. This coarse hair grows on its head, neck, and shoulders. Lionesses (females) do not have manes.
Lions live in groups called prides. A pride is made up of related lionesses, their cubs, and one or two adult males. Prides average 15 members.
Lionesses usually do most of the pride’s hunting, mainly at night. They hunt animals such as zebra, wildebeest, and antelope. They often hunt by hiding beside a water hole and then pouncing. Sometimes prides hunt together as a team and share the kill.
- Lions are the only known type of cat that live in groups, which are called prides. A pride has many females, their cubs and just a few males.
- The females do most of the hunting. They work together to bring down prey. This keeps them safer than if they hunted alone.
- Males have an important job too. They patrol their territory and protect the young cubs. They also make sure cubs get enough food.
- Male lions have manes. It has been thought that maybe manes protect them during fights with other lions. The color and size of a lion’s mane can also be important clues about how healthy that lion might be.
- Lions are carnivorous, meaning they survive by eating other animals. They eat almost anything including antelope, buffalo, giraffes, crocodiles, baby elephants, lizards and bugs. They have also been known to sometimes steal food from other big cats
Product Dimension: 6.69(L) X 4.72(W) X 8.27(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Safari is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.