5247, RHINO (ARK) 18''L are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Rhinos are very ancient animals. In fact, these mammals do resemble some prehistoric species. They appeared millions of years ago, during the Miocene era. One of the most conspicuous characteristics of these animals is the two horns of their head. African rhinos are represented by 2 species - the White rhino and the Black rhino. These two animals differ from each other in a number of ways. Their names refer not to their color pattern, but to the shape of their lips. African rhinos can occasionally be unpredictable and extremely dangerous. Hence, they have been fiercely persecuted. As a result, during a short period from 1970 to 1992, they lost as much as 96% of their total population. This became the largest population decline among all species of rhino. Black rhinos are represented by 4 subspecies, 3 of which are currently classified as 'critically endangered on the IUCN Red List.
An adult Black rhinoceros stands 140-180 cm (55-71 in) high at the shoulder and is 3-3.75 m (9.8-12.3 ft) in length. The females are smaller than the males. Their two horns on the skull are made of keratin with the larger front horn typically 50 cm (20 in) long, exceptionally up to 140 cm (55 in). The Black rhino has a pointed and prehensile upper lip, which it uses to grasp leaves and twigs when feeding, whereas the white rhinoceros has square lips used for eating grass. The Black rhinoceros can also be distinguished from the White rhinoceros by its size, smaller skull, and ears; and by the position of the head, which is held higher than the white rhinoceros, since the black rhinoceros is a browser and not a grazer. The thick-layered skin helps to protect Black rhinos from thorns and sharp grasses. It is commonly assumed that Black rhinos have poor eyesight, relying more on hearing and smell. However, studies have shown that their eyesight is comparatively good, at about the level of a rabbit. Their ears have a relatively wide rotational range to detect sounds. An excellent sense of smell alerts rhinos to the presence of predators.
- African rhinoceros in general exhibit 2 horns, consisting of keratin. The front horn is larger and may reach 140 cm (55 in) in length, although it's usually 50 cm (20 in) long.
- Black rhino females are known to be careful and protective mothers. When moving together with their young, they always walk in front of their calves. Meanwhile, females of the related white rhino species usually walk behind their offspring.
- These shy animals are very curious by nature. When noticing something unfamiliar, they usually approach to explore, due to which they have a mistaken reputation of a bad-tempered species. However, they immediately flee once smelling humans.
- Rhinos are not very social creatures and don't tend to spend time with conspecifics. However, they have been seen socializing with birds. For example, they are known to occasionally carry oxpeckers on their back. They consume bugs, found on the rhino's skin. Additionally, oxpeckers give out an alarm call, when spotting a potential threat, thus helping the rhinos escape dangers.
- When feeling happy, rhinos emit a loud "mmwonk" vocalization.
Product Dimension: 18.11(L) X 5.51(W) X 7.87(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Safari is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.