3231, HERON GREAT BLUE 28'' are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- Herons are thought to have lived in the Cenozoic age, about 25 million years ago. Fossil records in North America date from 1.8 million years ago.
- Heron chicks have gray eyes when born but they become bright yellow when they are adults.
- Great Blue herons can swallow fish that are much wider than their narrow neck.
- Herons spend about 90 percent of their waking time stalking food.
- The feathers on a Great Blue heron’s chest are highly specialized, like a powdery down, and continually grow and fray.
- Herons use their chest feathers for removing slime and oils from the rest of their plumage as they preen.
- These herons that live near the ocean often sit on plant material such as floating kelp waiting for fish to swim by.
The Great blue heron (Ardea herodias) is a tall and statuesque bird when wading in the water seeking its prey, and it is graceful and swift when flying with its slow deep wing beats. It is one of the most majestic wild birds in North America. This stately bird has subtle blue-gray plumage and often stands motionless while it scans for prey or it wades belly deep using long, deliberate steps. It can strike rapidly to capture its prey.
Product Dimension: 25.59(L) X 6.69(W) X 27.56(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Aviary is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.