5652, WHITE SEAL 25.5'' L are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry
Fun Facts for Kids
- Harbor seals can dive as deep as 427 m and stay underwater for almost 30 minutes. However, the average dive is a few minutes long and 91 m deep.
- Harbor seals perform dives in a range of shapes. One recent study classified their dives into variations on U-shaped and V-shaped dives.
- While swimming safely in the surf, Harbor seals will often curiously observe people walking on beaches. Nonetheless, when they are on land, they are wary of humans and rush into the sea if disturbed or approached too closely.
- These seals are not very vocal, vocalizations are usually used just by young pups in communication with their mothers or for defense or when displaying aggression.
- Some Harbor seals live permanently in certain rivers and inland lakes in Canada.
- Harbor seals prefer to stay close to the shore, one reason being so they can get onto land and warm up in the sun.
The Harbor seal is relatively small in comparison with the many other seal species. Its color can vary from light gray, white, or yellowish-gray with darker spots, to gray, black, or brown with spots or light rings. Its fur is short and thick, with coarse guard hair and dense, fine underhair. They have a gland in their skin that secretes oil to waterproof their fur. A Harbor seal has a round head and a short snout with a V-shaped nose, which closes when underwater. Its eyes are big, round, and dark, it has ear openings, and long, droopy whiskers used for finding food underwater. Its front and hind flippers are short and webbed, and have five digits, with the first and fifth digits being longer than the middle ones. When its hind flippers are laid flat, they look like fans, and between them, it has a short, flattened tail.
Product Dimension: 25.2(L) X 11.81(W) X 7.87(H)
White Seals spend most of their time diving and swimming in the icy waters of the North Atlantic and Arctic Oceans. These sleek swimmers often hunt for fish and crustaceans at 300 feet (90 meters) and may dive to nearly 1,000 feet (300 meters). They are able to remain submerged for up to 15 minutes.
HANSA CREATION, INC. Arctic is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.