6134, BRONTOSAURUS Dinosaur 17.5''L are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
The Apatosaurus, also called the Brontosaurus, was a truly giant dinosaur that lived around 150 million years ago. It was first described by O. C. Marsh, a paleontologist from Yale University, in 1877.
Brontosaurus Quick facts for Kids:
- They reached about 75 feet in length and weighed more than 50,000 pounds.
- An Apatosaurus can reach its full size in just 10 years.
- They had long whip like tails which were used to balance the weight of their long neck.
- Apatosaurus were plant eaters.
- They walked on four legs. They were slow moving creatures because of their weight.
- Apatosaurus had small heads and very small brains relative to their body size.
- Their fossils have been found in Western North America in Wyoming, Oklahoma, Utah, and Colorado etc.
- They had nostrils on the top of their head.
- Apatosaurus primarily fed on low lying plants because it was difficult for them to reach high plants due to little neck flexibility.
- They hatched from around 1 foot long eggs.
- Apatosaurus did not chew its food. It had gastroliths in its stomach that were used to digest the food.
- Their hind limbs were larger than their forelimbs.
- Even though Apatosaurus is the correct scientific name for this dinosaur, Brontosaurus is more often used in popular culture from movies to even United States stamps.
Product Dimension: 17.55(L) X 3.51(W) X 7.41(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Dinosaurs is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.