4640, CAT, TAN CALICO 13'' are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Although Hansa calls this adorable cat a Calico, she looks more like a Calibby, a Calico with Tabby Stripes!
Calico Cat Facts
- Only about .03% of Calicos are male.
- Calico is the color, not the breed. It is commonly believed that the Calico is a breed of cat, but it’s a name for the tri-color pattern of their coats. It’s actually somewhat random when a Calico kitten is born. A cat must have black, orange, and white fur to be a Calico.
- Calico males are sterile. While only 3% of Calico cats are male, It is even rarer to find a fertile male Calico, with only 1 out of 10,000 capable of breeding.
- Calicos are symbols of luck. Maneki neko is the well-known Japanese figurine of a Calico cat. It usually has one of its paws raised up; if the right paw is up high, it signifies wealth and good luck, but if the left paw is raised, it should bring more customers to the business. These figurines are commonly found outside of a business (restaurants, shops, hotels, etc.) in order to bring good luck to the owner.
- The Calico is a state cat. As of October 2001, the Calico was named the official cat of Maryland. This is due to the fact that Maryland’s official bird is the Baltimore Oriole, and the official insect is the Baltimore Checkerspot Butterfly, all of which are black, orange, and white like the Calico.
- Freddie Mercury wrote a song about his Calico. Freddie Mercury of Queen fame was famous for his singing as well as his love of cats. He owned a number of cats (apparently 10 over his 45-year lifetime), but his favorite cat was a Calico named Delilah. He even wrote and recorded a song dedicated to her that was called, of course, “Delilah”. Most cat owners can relate to some of the lyrics, “You make me smile when I’m just about to cry. You bring me hope, you make me laugh.”
- The Calibby is a Calico with Tabby stripes.
- Calico cats are all physically unique. Just like snowflakes, no two Calicos are alike.
- The Calico is a Patronus from Harry Potter. The “Patronus,” if you’re not well-versed in the Harry Potter world, is essentially a spirit guardian in animal form that wizards use as a defensive charm. The Calico was featured as a type of Patronus charm through Pottermore, J.K. Rowling’s official Harry Potter website.
Product Dimension: 9.06(L) X 7.87(W) X 12.99(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Dogs & Cats is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.