6457, COCKATIEL 9.4" H by Hansa Creations are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- Cockatiels were discovered by Europeans in Australia in 1770, becoming popular in the 1900s during the Australian gold rush.
- Cockatiels enter their nest hollow tail first, their tail being so long that they cannot turn around in the nest.
- Cockatiels do not make a screeching sound like many other parrots and can learn to 'speak'.
- Cockatiels can mimic a range of sounds, including other birds’ calls.
- A galatiel is a chick produced by a cockatiel and a galah mating with each other.
- Males are better than females at whistling and talking. Wild male cockatiels use these sounds to attract females.
The cockatiel (Nymphicus hollandicus) is a member of its own branch of the cockatoo family endemic to Australia. They are prized as household pets and companion parrots throughout the world and are relatively easy to breed. As a caged bird, cockatiels are second in popularity only to the budgerigar. In the United States cockatiels are often referred to simply as "tiels", and in Australia, their native country, as “quarrions” or “weiros”. These birds are the smallest members of the cockatoo family (Cacatuidae).
Although in captivity many color varieties are bred, wild cockatiels have a distinctive appearance, their plumage is largely gray, with a yellow face, orange patches on the cheeks, a long, wispy, gray, and yellow crest, and prominent white patches on gray wings. Females and juveniles have duller plumage than adult males. The male’s tail is dark gray, but females and juveniles have yellowish outermost tail feathers with gray barring.
Product Dimension: 8 (L) X 3.6 (W) X 9.4 (H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Aviary is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.