3791, GERMAN SHEPHERD SEATED 34"H are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
The German Shepherd or Alsatian is a German breed of working dog of medium to large size. The breed was developed by Max von Stephanitz using various traditional German herding dogs from 1899. It was originally bred as a herding dog, for herding sheep.
Fun Facts about German Shepherds:
1. German Shepherds Are One of The Smartest Dog Breeds. These dogs are easy to train and learn quickly explaining why so many of them show up in professions like law enforcement.
2. World War I Made Shepherds Famous. While World War I taught us many things, like that traditional horse cavalry was most of the way out the door on the battlefield, it also made the German shepherd famous among the allies. Used by the German army for a variety of tasks, soldiers who fought against the Kaiser were impressed by the loyalty, tenacity, and intelligence of Germany's most common military dogs making them popular throughout Europe. Ironically, the same war that made the dog so popular made the "German" part of the name quite unpopular. As such, the German shepherd was called the Alsatian wolf hound in other countries.
3. German Shepherds Remain Hugely Popular in America and are often called "Police Dogs".
4. German Shepherds Have Stars on The Walk of Fame. At least two German Shepherds have stars on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood. Strongheart, who was one of the earliest German Shepherds in film, has a star. Rin Tin Tin, one of the most famous German shepherds to ever appear on screen also has a star.
5. Batman Had a German Shepherd. Batman once acquired a German shepherd named Ace the Bat-Hound, and just like his master he was a costumed crime fighter. Ace was most popular between 1954 and 1964. From 1964 to 2007 Ace's appearances became more sporadic, and these days the caped crusader tends to fly solo, or with the help of his two-legged sidekicks.
6. German Shepherds Aren't Dangerous Dogs. German Shepherds have acquired a reputation as dangerous and aggressive. Organizations like the American Veterinary Medical Association have refuted these baseless claims over and over again. While German shepherds are used by the police and the military, the traits these organizations are looking for are intelligence, obedience, stamina, and strength; not aggression.
Police and military dog units want dogs that are easy to train, and follow their orders in dangerous situations.
Dangerous, aggressive, and difficult to control dogs are passed over as recruits.
German shepherds, properly trained and socialized, tend to be friendly, and aside from being nervous around new people entering their territory, they make ideal family dogs.
Product Dimension: 27.56"(L) x 15.75"(W) x 34.35"(H) 9.32 Lbs.
HANSA CREATION, INC. Collection is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.Product Dimension: 27.56(L) x 15.75(W) x 34.35(H) 9.37 Lbs.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.