2956, EMU, BABY 15'' H are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Emu Facts
- The Emu can be found only in Australia and is unofficial; it’s the national bird.
- Although they are endemic to Australia, their name, ‘Emu’, is most probably of Arabic origin.
- Emus are the second largest birds in the world after the ostrich.
- Emus can live up to twenty years in the wild and forty years in captivity.
- Emus have two sets of eyelids. One set to blink with and one to keep dust out.
- Emus can grow up to two meters tall. That’s as tall as a door!
- Emus are omnivores. They eat grass and bugs, like grasshoppers.
- Emus can go two whole months without food.
- Emus swallow small stones to help crush and digest the food in their stomachs (gizzards).
- In 1932, the Great Emu war took place in Western Australia. It was an attempt by the Australian government’s military to contain the growing population of emus. The Emus won!
- An emu egg is the equivalent of 12 chicken eggs!! Ouch!
- Emus live in every state of Australia except Tasmania.
- Emu eggs are pale green when laid and turn dark green as they incubate.
- The male emus are in charge of making the nest, as well as incubating the eggs for eight whole weeks.
- While the male Emu incubates the eggs, he does not eat, drink or relieve himself. Talk about commitment!
- The male emus are also in charge of guarding the growing chicks for up to seven months.
- Emus have loud, low-frequency voices. Their deep voices sound like hollow drums and can be heard from two kilometres away.
- Emus can’t walk backwards.
- Emus appear on Australia’s 50-cent coin.
- Emus are the only birds with calf muscles – super strong calf muscles!
- Emus have three toes, allowing them to run fast (up to 50km/hour)! They are also excellent jumpers.
- Emus are flightless but can swim quite well.
Product Dimension: 12.99(L) X 6.69(W) X 14.96(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Down Under is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.