4778, GAZELLE 28''H are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Gazelles are beautiful animals in the antelope family. This lesson will teach you all about their habitat, diet, and life cycle, as well as some interesting facts about these majestic animals!
Have you ever heard of that funny-sounding animal called a gazelle? There are several different kinds of them, but they are all members of the antelope family. Antelope are animals that look like deer with long, thin legs. They have long necks and are usually tan with a white belly and dark stripes.
Gazelles are also in the category of mammals, which means that they have fur, give birth to live babies, and are warm-blooded.
Gazelles exhibit an odd behavior called "pronking." Which resembles a pogo stick-like movement with the animal bouncing along in a stiff-legged gait, and all four legs leave and return to the ground together. The “pronking” gait is said to give them a better view of predators and also confuse them.
- "Gazelle" derives from an Arabic word "gazal", which was commonly used in love poems.
- When threatened by a predator, these animals disperse rather than running as a group. This technique allows to confuse the predator. They can often be observed ‘pronking’ or ‘stotting’: this is when an animal bounces along in high arcs, in order not be get caught by the predator.
- They sleep for short periods of about 5 minutes at a time, making up a total of a single hour per 24-hour day.
- Thomson’s gazelles display a unique tail motion, moving their tail side to side and resembling a windshield wiper.
- During the dry season, these animals migrate to areas with suitable drinking water. However, during the wet season, they get all required moisture from greenest grasses they consume.
- These ungulates use technique of camouflage, known as crypsis. They are so inventive in hiding themselves that can remain unnoticed by a predator, which passes as close as within 16 feet (5 meters).
Product Dimension: 19.69(L) X 5.91(W) X 27.56(H) 1.63 Lbs
HANSA CREATION, INC. Safari is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.