3709, GOOSE, MOTHER 16'' are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
This bird’s loud, aggressive behavior has become something of a running joke in modern media (epitomized by the popular action puzzle video game, Untitled Goose Game), but as a very caring parent, it is usually just trying to protect its young from danger.
The Canada goose is the most common species in North America, but the bird has adapted to live in many different regions around the world.
- Geese domestication was a somewhat common job or pastime in Ancient Egypt, Rome, and Greece. The Roman naturalist Pliny (200s AD) once told an amusing anecdote of a pet goose that was inseparable from its owner.
- Today most domesticated birds are descended from the graylag, the swan goose, and a few other species for the purpose of cultivating their feathers (which end up in quilts, pillows, and coats) or meat and paste (most commonly in foie gras). They have been artificially selected for polygamous behavior to improve their reproductive efficiency.
- The goose is a bird that has made an indelible mark on human culture as a harbinger of the winter and an important component of numerous idioms and phrases. “Killing the goose that lays the golden eggs” is a reference to one of Aesop’s Fables as a warning against greedy behavior.
- Fossils of these birds have been found dating back some 10 to 12 million years ago.
- The term goose can refer to not just the bird itself, but also the adult female specifically. She’s sometimes called a hen to avoid confusion. An adult male is generally referred to as a gander.
Product Dimension: 16.93(L) X 7.87(W) X 16.14(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Farm Animals is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.