3637, KOALA BABY 9'' are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- Koalas spend most of the day (up to 18 hours) sleeping.
- Koalas are called Bears but are actually marsupials.
- The closest animal relation of the Koala is the Wombat.
- The brain of the koala is less than 0.2% of the animal's body weight. This, combined with their nutrient-poor diet, is the reason for koalas' sedentary lifestyle.
- Their name, "koala", comes from the Aborigine language and means "no water". The animals are so called because they rarely drink water and attain the required moisture from eucalyptus leaves. However, when the temperatures increase, koalas sometimes lose a large amount of water, becoming dehydrated.
- A koala consumes about 1 kilogram of leaves per day on average, which is a huge amount for the body size of the animal. They also tend to use their cheek pouches as stocks, where they store snacks of leaves.
- Koalas feed upon leaves only during a certain stage of growth. They consume 12 species of eucalyptus tree out of more than 100 species, found throughout Australia.
- Not only koalas are excellent climbers, but they are also good swimmers, known to cross rivers, escaping from heavy flooding in their home range.
- Newborn babies of this species are hairless, blind, and as small as a broad bean.
- The mother and her young are in very close bonds; the female is happy to carry the joey with her everywhere, until the baby grows old, and becomes independent.
- Their scientific name is "Phascolarctoscinereus”, where the Greek word "phaskolos" means "pouch", arktos means "bear" and the Latin word "cinereus" means "ash-colored".
- Koalas are native to Australia.
- Koalas are vulnerable on the endangered list of animals.
Product Dimension: 8.66(L) X 5.51(W) X 9.06(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Down Under is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.