5187, MONKEY, VERVET 13" H are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
The Vervet Monkey is a medium to large-sized monkey that is primarily found in Eastern Africa and is an old-world monkey. The Vervet Monkey is thought to be a species of Grivet, another tree-dwelling African monkey that has very similar characteristics to the Vervet, along with the Malbrouck, which is considered by some to be a sub-species of Vervet Monkey. These three animals are very closely related but they tend to inhabit territories in slightly different locations and are thought to rarely come into contact with one another.
The modern version of these old-world monkeys began to appear during the Miocene era, around 5 million to 23 million years ago although this green savannah monkey most likely began to evolve around 4.8 million years ago, from their ancestor, Cercopithecini, which has one of the most diverse groups of primates. The oldest known ancestor of all of these primates is Victoriapithecus, who was found to live about 15 million to 17 million years ago.
- Classified as a medium-sized to large monkey. They measure between 15 and 23 inches in length (head and body), with tails about 11 to 19 inches long. They weigh seven to 11 pounds.
- The males are slightly larger than the females and are easily recognized by their turquoise blue scrota.
- The different types of vervets vary in color, but generally the body is a greenish-olive or silvery-gray.
- The face, ears, hands, feet and tip of the tail are black, but a conspicuous white band on the forehead blends in with the short whiskers.
- They have close-fitting moderate length hairs over most of the body, and elongated side-whiskers. The whiskers are usually a lighter color (white or pale yellow) and differ in length from individual to individual.
Vervet monkeys are cute, surprisingly human primates. They’re native to the southeastern regions of Africa, but they’re now found in other locations non-natively as well.
They are fairly small, active and agile and have black faces, with grey body hair. They are sometimes referred to as ‘green monkeys’ as they have an interesting green tint to their fur!
Product Dimension: 11.91(L) X 9.84(W) X 13.39(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Monkeys is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.