4466, OWL, BROWN ADULT 14'' H by Hansa Creations is anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
- Although many people believe the Tawny owl also called a Brown Owl, has exceptional night vision, its retina is no more sensitive than a human's; in fact, the key to its successful hunting is asymmetrically placed ears which give the owl excellent directional hearing.
- The Tawny owl's sense of hearing may be ten times better than a human's, and it can hunt using this sense alone in the dark of woodland on an overcast night. However, the patter of raindrops can make it likely difficult for these owls to detect faint sounds, and prolonged wet weather, especially the crashing din of heavy rain, can lead to starvation if the owl cannot hunt effectively.
- Tawny owls often fly with long glides on rounded wings, and typically at a greater height. They can appear to be heavy fliers but are capable of surprising maneuverability within woods, flying with utter silence.
- As with most owls, the flight of these owls is silent due to the very soft and furry upper surfaces of their feathers.
- After leaving the nest and becoming “branchers”, the young Tawny owls often clamber around using both their feet and their beak; they often land on the forest floor, from where they tend to flutter and climb into bushes, trying to reach higher parts of the trees. If found on the ground, owlets should not be handled.
- Apart from territorial calls, other vocalizations of Tawny owls include piercing 'coo-wik' or 'cu-weeehl cries', apparently expressing aggression. When disturbed at the nest, these owls may utter a series of yelping 'uett-uett-uett..' notes. Males sometimes emit a pig-like grunting during courtship displays. Some mysterious calls recorded for Tawny owls have included tooting, chittering, crowing, screeching, or mewing, as well as soft, plaintive squeaks by females.
- The Tawny owl has often been seen as an omen of bad luck due to its nocturnal habits and eerie, easily imitated call.
- The Tawny Owl is found in Europe, Asia, and Africa
The Tawny owl, also called a brown owl, is a stocky, medium-sized owl commonly found in woodlands across much of Europe, parts of Asia, and Africa. This bird is quite distinct in its large, rounded head. The Tawny owl has no ear tufts but does possess a prominent facial disc rimmed in slightly dusky feathers. Its underparts are pale with dark streaks, and the upper parts are either rufous, brown, or grey. The typical rich brownish color often camouflages it well against a variety of woodland types. The Tawny owl has relatively thick and heavy legs and feet and its talons are rather powerful and quite decurved. In flight this bird can appear fairly big and broad, large-headed, and rounded on the wings.
Product Dimension: 5.51(L) X 5.51(W) X 13.39(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Aviary is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.