5203, OWL, BURROWING 11.2'' H are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- Male and female Burrowing owls are similar in size and appearance. Males, however, appear lighter in color than females because they spend more time outside the burrow during daylight, and their feathers become "sun-bleached".
- Burrowing owls have a binocular vision that allows them to see in a radius of 110 degrees. They can also rotate their head 270 degrees in each direction.
- Burrowing owls like to decorate their nests. During the nesting season, they collect a wide variety of materials to line their nest, some of which are left around the entrance to the burrow. The most common material is mammal dung, usually from cattle. At one time it was thought that the dung helped to mask the scent of the juvenile owls, but researchers now believe the dung helps to control the microclimate inside the burrow and to attract insects, which the owls may eat.
- When feeling danger, Burrowing owls hide in their burrow and produce rattling and hissing sounds similar to that of a rattlesnake. This is a very effective strategy against animals that are familiar with dangers posed by rattlesnakes.
- These small hunters sometimes catch more prey than they can eat and store remained food in their burrows for later.
- Cowboys sometimes called Burrowing owls "howdy birds"; it seemed to them that these tiny birds were nodding in greeting at the entrances of their burrows. In fact, Burrowing owls do that when they are disturbed.
The burrowing owl (Athene cunicularia ) is a small, long-legged owl found throughout open landscapes of North and South America. Burrowing owls can be found in grasslands, rangelands, agricultural areas, deserts, or any other open, dry area with low vegetation. They nest and roost in burrows, such as those excavated by prairie dogs. The burrowing owl has developed longer legs that enable it to sprint, as well as fly, when hunting.
Product Dimension: 7.09(L) X 3.94(W) X 11.02(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Aviary is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.