4653, PARAKEET BUDGIE BLUE/YELL 6'' by Hansa Creations, anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- The closest relatives of the budgerigar are lories and the fig parrots.
- The color of the cere (the area containing the nostrils) differs between the male and female budgies. The cere is royal blue in males, pale brown to white (nonbreeding) or brown (breeding) in females, and pink in immatures of both sexes. Some females may develop brown cere only during breeding time, which later returns to the normal color.
- It is usually easy to tell the sex of a budgerigar over 6 months old, mainly by the cere colors, but the behavior of males can also distinguish them from females. Males are typically cheerful, extroverted, highly flirtatious, peacefully social, and very vocal. Females are more dominant and less socially tolerant.
- When a budgerigar feels threatened, it will try to perch as high as possible and bring its feathers close against its body in order to appear thinner.
- Male budgerigars are considered to be one of the top five talking champions amongst parrot species, alongside the Grey parrot, the Amazon parrot, the Eclectus parrot, and the Ring-necked parakeet.
The budgerigar (Melopsittacus undulatus) is a small seed-eating parrot usually nicknamed the budgie ( BUJ-ee), or in American English, the parakeet. It is closely related to lories and fig parrots. The origin of the budgerigar's name is unclear. First recorded in 1805, budgerigars are popular pets around the world due to their small size, low cost, and ability to mimic human speech. They are likely the third most popular pet in the world, after the domesticated dog and cat. Budgies are nomadic flock parakeets that have been bred in captivity since the 19th century. They are found wild throughout the drier parts of Australia, where they have survived harsh inland conditions for over five million years. Their success can be attributed to a nomadic lifestyle and their ability to breed while on the move.
Product Dimension: 2.76(L) X 1.97(W) X 5.91(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Collection is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.