3325, PARROT, BLUE/YELLOW 7'' by Hansa Creations is anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- The name of this curious and intelligent bird is derived from Ancient Greek rhynchos ("beak") and psittakos ("parrot") and Greek pachy- ("thick") and rhynchos ("beak"), hence a "thick-beaked parrot".
- In Mexico, the Thick-billed parrot is locally called guacamaya ("macaw") or cotorra serrana ("mountain parrot").
- Thick-billed parrots manipulate their food by holding it with one foot.
- Thick-billed parrots may sometimes eat snow as a source of water.
- The thick bill of these parrots can break through almost any type of nut.
- Feeding on pine seeds is an art that adult Thick-billed parrots must teach their chicks. They start to shred the pinecone with their beak at the base and move to the top in a spiral fashion removing all the seeds carefully one by one.
- The Thick Billed Parrot is an endangered species.
The thick-billed parrot (Rhynchopsitta pachyrhyncha ) is a medium-sized parrot endemic to Mexico that formerly ranged into the southwestern United States. Its position in parrot phylogeny is the subject of ongoing discussion; it is sometimes referred to as thick-billed macaw or thick-billed conure. In Mexico, it is locally called guacamaya ("macaw") or cotorra serrana ("mountain parrot"). Classified internationally as Endangered through IUCN, the thick-billed parrot's decline has been central to multiple controversies over wildlife management. In 2018, the estimated wild population in Mexico was 1,700.
Product Dimension: 2.76(L) X 2.36(W) X 14.57(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Collection is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.