5437, PEACOCK 40''L HEAD TO TAIL X13'H' by Hansa Creations is anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- The Indian peafowl is celebrated in Hindu and Greek mythology and is the national bird of India.
- Some have suggested that the peafowl was introduced into Europe by Alexander the Great, while others say the bird had reached Athens by 450 BCE and may have been introduced even earlier.
- Indian peafowl are among the largest and heaviest representatives of the pheasant family. So far as is known, only the wild turkey grows notably heavier.
- Peafowl are best known for the male's extravagant display of feathers which, despite actually growing from their back, are thought of as a tail. The "train" is in reality made up of the enormously elongated upper tail coverts. The tail itself is brown and short as in the female. The colors result not from any green or blue pigments but from the microstructure of the feathers. The long train feathers (and tarsal spurs) of the male develop only after the second year of life. Fully developed trains are found in birds older than four years.
- The Indian peafowl's "train" contains more than 200 feathers, while the actual tail has only 20 feathers and nearly all of these feathers end with an elaborate eye spot.
- The loud calls of Indian peafowl make them easy to detect, and in forest areas often indicate the presence of a predator such as a tiger.
- In Buddhist philosophy, the peacock represents wisdom. Peacock feathers are used in many rituals and ornamentation and peacock motifs are widespread in Indian temple architecture, old coinage, and textiles and continue to be used in many modern items of art and utility.
- The English word "peacock" has come to be used to describe a man who is very proud or gives a lot of attention to his clothing.
- Found throughout the United States on farmland and city parks.
The male Indian peafowl (peacock) is brightly colored, with a predominantly blue fan-like crest of spatula-tipped wire-like feathers, and is best known for the long train (tail) made up of elongated upper-tail covert feathers which bear colorful eye spots. These stiff feathers are raised into a fan and quivered in a display during courtship. Despite the length and size of these covert feathers, peacocks are still capable of flight. Females (peahens) lack the train and have a greenish lower neck and duller brown plumage. Downy chicks are pale buff with a dark brown mark on the nape that connects with the eyes. Young males look like the females but their wings are chestnut colored.
Product Dimension: 39.37(L) X 7.87(W) X 12.99(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Aviary is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.