2680, PENGUIN Emperor Medium 15'' H by Hansa Creations are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- In the Deep South of Antarctica, where these penguins live, the temperature occasionally drops as low as -60C. These birds are able to survive due to having large stores of body fat as well as several layers of scale-like feathers. In addition, during harsh weather conditions, birds in colonies huddle together in order to preserve heat.
- Emperor penguins are top swimmers and excellent divers. They are able to dive at a depth of up to 500 m, remaining submerged for about 22 minutes.
- Behind their eyes, these birds possess a special supraorbital gland, which acts as a filter, clearing their blood from salt. Due to this gland, the penguins are able to ingest salty ocean water while hunting; the salt is then filtered and released through the animal's beak or by sneezing.
- Emperor penguins undergo so-called "catastrophic molt": unlike other birds, who molt a few feathers at a time, the Emperors lose and regrow the whole plumage at once. The period of molt lasts for 2-3 weeks, during which they live on land without going to sea.
- The ears of Emperor penguins are not visible, but the birds have a strong sense of hearing, which helps them find each other in their large breeding colonies by emitting distinct calls.
- Emperor penguins are very powerful birds. In one case, a crew of 6 men, trying to capture a single male penguin for a zoo collection, were repeatedly tossed around and knocked over before all of the men had to collectively tackle the bird, which weighs about half as much as a man.
The Emperor penguin (Aptenodytes forsteri) is the tallest and heaviest of all living penguin species and is endemic to Antarctica. Like all penguins, it is flightless, with a streamlined body, and wings stiffened and flattened into flippers for a marine habitat. The lifespan of the Emperor penguin is typically 20 years in the wild, although some individuals may live to 50 years of age.
Product Dimension: 6.69(L) X 9.84(W) X 14.57(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Arctic is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.