7368, PHILIPPINE EAGLE 12"H by Hansa Creations is anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- Among the rarest and most powerful birds in the world, the Philippine eagle has been declared the Philippine national bird. This eagle, because of its size and rarity, is also a highly desired bird for birdwatchers.
- Killing a Philippine eagle is punishable under Philippine law by up to 12 years in prison and heavy fines.
- Upon its scientific discovery, the Philippine eagle was first called the 'monkey-eating eagle' because of reports from natives of Bonga, Samar, where the species was first discovered, that it preyed exclusively on monkeys. From these reports, the bird gained its generic name, from the Greek pithecus (πίθηκος) ("ape or monkey") and phagus (-φάγος) ("eater of").
- Apart from the Philippine eagle and monkey-eating eagle, the bird has also been called the Great Philippine eagle. It has numerous names in the many Philippine languages, including ágila ("eagle"), háribon (from haring ibón, "king bird"), and banog ("kite").
- Around 8 to 10 days before the egg-laying, the female Philippine eagle does not eat, drinks lots of water, and holds her wings droopingly.
- The Philippine eagle is the only blue-eyed bird of prey in the world. These hunters have a very sharp vision that is eight times better than that of humans.
- The Philippine Eagle is critically endangered.
The Philippine eagle (Pithecophaga jefferyi) is a critically endangered species of eagle. It is considered the largest of the extant eagles in the world in terms of length and wing surface area. It has been declared the national bird of the Philippines. The most significant threat to the species is loss of habitat, a result of high levels of deforestation throughout most of its range. Killing a Philippine eagle is punishable under Philippine law by up to 12 years in prison and heavy fines.
Product Dimension: 11.81(L) X 5.91(W) X 11.81(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Aviary is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.