6299, PIGEON 11''L by Hansa Creations is anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- In the early 1600s, Rock doves were introduced to North America.
- Domestic Rock doves, like homing pigeons, can find their way back home, even if the release location is distant and they are blindfolded. They navigate by means of the earth’s magnetic fields and the sun’s position, and perhaps also by using smell and sound.
- City buildings and window ledges are roosting places for Rock doves, being similar to the rocky cliffs used in the wild.
- The U.S. Army Signal Corps used Rock doves to carry messages during World Wars I and II, thus saving lives and conveying vital strategic information.
- The plumage of Rock doves is many different shades and patterns. The common ones include the typical “blue-bar” (bluish-gray with double black bands on their wing and a tail with a black tip); a “red bar” (similar in markings but with rusty red instead of bluish-gray); “checker” (with spots on their wings); “spread” (all gray or all black); “pied” (any color but splotched with white); and those that are mostly red or white.
- Doves, especially carrier or homing breeds, can find their way home over long distances. Despite this ability, a wild Rock dove is sedentary and rarely leaves its local area.
For several thousand years, Rock doves have been domesticated, being the forerunner of the domestic pigeon. Aside from being used as food and pets, domesticated birds can be used as homing pigeons. In the past, they also had a role as carrier pigeons, and certain “war pigeons” have had significant roles during wartime, many pigeons having received medals and bravery awards for their services in the saving of hundreds of human lives.
Product Dimension: 11.4(L) X 4.7(W) X 7.4(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Aviary is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.