3836, SNOWY OWL 13" H by Hansa Creations is anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- The Snowy owl is the official bird of Quebec, Canada.
- Snowy owls are one of the heaviest among all owls due to their abundant coat.
- To meet its daily food requirement the Snowy owl must capture roughly 7 to 12 mice per day.
- As Snowy owls rely primarily on lemmings in their diet they can eat more than 1,600 of these rodents per year.
- Snowy owls have such acute hearing that they can hear prey moving under the snow.
- The feathers of Snowy owls are very soft making their flight silent. It is very helpful when hunting because these birds are able to approach prey without being noticed.
- Snowy Owls are a vulnerable species.
The Snowy owl (Bubo scandiacus) is a large, white owl of the true owl family. It has a number of unique adaptations to its habitat and lifestyle, which are quite distinct from other extant owls. Most owls sleep during the day and hunt at night, but the Snowy owl is often active during the day, especially in the summertime. It is a nomadic bird, rarely breeding at the same locations or with the same mates on an annual basis and often not breeding at all if the prey is unavailable. Snowy owls can wander almost anywhere close to the Arctic, sometimes unpredictably irrupting to the south in large numbers.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.