3514, STORK - ADULT 17.8'' by Hansa Creations is anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- The White stork has had a notable impact on human culture. According to a myth, the white stork brings babies. The bird is also a symbol of fertility and luck.
- In Hebrew, the species is called "chasidah", which means "merciful" or "kind".
- The White stork appears in two fables of the ancient Greek story-teller Aesop - ‘The Fox and the Stork’ and ‘The Farmer and the Stork’.
- Normally, White storks are not afraid of humans. In Europe, these birds usually construct their nests on top of buildings. In Germany, a stork nest of a building was considered to bring good luck, protecting from fires. According to another belief, these birds possess human souls. For these reasons, White storks were protected throughout human settlements.
- White storks have an interesting ‘up-down’ display used for a number of interactions with other members of the species. Here a stork quickly throws its head backward so that its crown rests on its back before slowly bringing its head and neck forwards again, and this is repeated several times. The display is used as a greeting between birds, after mating, and also as a threat display. Breeding pairs use this display, as well as crouching forward with the tails cocked and wings extended.
- The White stork features more than 120 postage stamps of around 60 stamp-issuing organizations.
The white stork (Ciconia ciconia ) is a large bird in the stork family, Ciconiidae. Its plumage is mainly white, with black on the bird's wings. Adults have long red legs and long pointed red beaks, and measure on average 100–115 cm (39–45 in) from beak tip to end of tail, with a 155–215 cm (61–85 in) wingspan. The two subspecies, which differ slightly in size, breed in Europe (north to Finland), northwestern Africa, southwestern Asia (east to southern Kazakhstan) and southern Africa. The white stork is a long-distance migrant, wintering in Africa from tropical Sub-Saharan Africa to as far south as South Africa, or on the Indian subcontinent. When migrating between Europe and Africa, it avoids crossing the Mediterranean Sea and detours via the Levant in the east or the Strait of Gibraltar in the west, because the air thermals on which it depends for soaring do not form over water.
Product Dimension: 9.84(L) X 5.51(W) X 17.72(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Aviary is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.