4085, SWAN, WHITE 11'' H are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Fun Facts for Kids
- The name “mute” comes from the fact that these swans are quiet during flight or communicate with grunts and barks.
- The feathers of Mute swans used to be used for writing. These feathers were called pen quills, then quill pens, and then just "pen". Hence the present day ball pen is named after the feathers of the female swan.
- The Mute swan has about 25,000 feathers.
- During the breeding season the black ridge at the base of the bill of the male Mute swan swells and becomes much larger than that of the female. The rest of the time the difference between the male and the female is not obvious.
- Once swans scare off any other birds, they call to each other and flap their wings in celebration - like a swan high-five.
- The queen in England owns all the Mute swans. Each year the Thames River swans are rounded up and their beaks given the mark of the queen’s brand. Sometimes the queen will give a swan as a special gift.
The Mute swan (Cygnus olor) is known as an integral feature of urban parks as well as most of the waterways in our regions. But originally this beautiful white bird was a wild animal, not always with compatible behavior and habits for life in city parks. It is also among the heaviest of the world's flying birds.
Product Dimension: 11.42(L) X 7.48(W) X 10.63(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Aviary is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.