4558, TARSIER BABY 6"H are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
The pygmy tarsier was believed to have become extinct in the early 20th century. In 2000, Indonesian scientists accidentally killed one while trapping rats. The first pygmy tarsiers seen alive since the 1920s were found by a research team led in Lore Lindu National Park in August 2008. The two males and single female (a fourth escaped) were captured using nets, and were radio collared to track their movements. As the first live pygmy tarsiers seen in 80-plus years, the belief that the species was extinct has been dispelled.
Fun Facts for Kids
- Pygmy tarsiers drink by lapping water.
- Pygmy tarsiers are able to leap several meters when going from tree to tree, with froglike leaps. On a level surface, pygmy tarsiers can leap as far as 1.2 to 1.7 and as much as 0.6 m high.
- When hunting, a Pygmy tarsier waits silently for prey to come its way, instead of moving around.
- Once thought to be extinct.
- The tarsier’s name is due to its tarsals — its powerful ankles bones.
- If a predator attacks one of their numbers, all nearby tarsiers come together to fight the predator.
- Tarsiers have a short muzzle and appear to have no neck, though they are able to turn their head around as far as 180 degrees.
- Having a high-pitched voice (up to 91 kHz), tarsiers often sing. Sometimes a male and a female will perform a duet together.
- A tarsier’s eyes are the most interesting part of them. Their eyeballs do not rotate. Their ears are interesting too: they can level them out and roll them up and unfold them again.
- Tarsiers are unable to walk on the ground and are only able to hop.
- Tarsiers are the world's smallest primates.
- Tarsiers are the world's most endangered primates.
- Tarsiers are native to Southeast Asia.
Product Dimension: 3.94(L) X 3.94(W) X 5.91(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Collection is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.