4137, PEKINGESE, TOY SIZE DOG 11''L are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
Originally bred as companion dogs to the ancient Chinese imperial family, Pekingese have historically been revered as sacred in China. According to legend, they were lions shrunk to miniature size by the Buddha.
Facts About Pekingese Dogs
- Pekingese dogs have a history extending back over 2000 years, with origins tied to the imperial courts of China.
- They were regarded as sacred dogs and symbols of the Buddhist legend of the lion that fell in love with a marmoset. Only royalty could own them, and they were often given as precious gifts to diplomats and foreign envoys.
- In the ancient Chinese court, there existed “sleeve” Pekingese, the smallest members of the breed. Bred to fit into the voluminous sleeves of the robes worn by Chinese nobility, They acted as living hand warmers and secret protectors against thieves.
- In ancient China, Pekingese dogs lived lives of luxury, often given their own mini palaces and servants. These dogs were so valued that there were even laws about how to treat them with punishments for those who mistreated a Pekingese.
- In the 1860’s British invaders attacked the Summer Palace, looting and setting fire. Five Pekingese dogs were discovered, saved, and brought to England. One was gifted to Queen Victoria, marking the beginning of the breed’s Western legacy.
- Pekingese have a unique, distinctive roll to their gait due to their short legs and wide, muscular body. This charming waddle is often compared to the dignified manner of a “pigeon-toed” walk, further underscoring their royal heritage.
- The Pekingese has a distinctive double coat: a thick, soft undercoat and a long, coarse outer coat. Specifically bred to resemble a lion’s mane, their coat added to their regal and impressive look. It requires regular grooming to keep it in top condition.
- Don’t let their size fool you; Pekingese are brave and fearless. Historically, they were trained to confront and deter intruders, a trait that persists to this day. They are often described as “lion-hearted” and can be protective, alert, and surprisingly courageous.
Product Dimension: 10.63(L) X 4.72(W) X 8.27(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Dogs & Cats is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.