5900, YORKSHIRE TERRIER 10''L are anatomically scaled to create the best reproduction of the life size stuffed animal and the most realistic stuffed animal in the industry.
The Yorkshire Terrier is a British breed of toy dog of terrier type. It is among the smallest of the terriers and indeed of all dog breeds, with a weight of no more than 3.2 kg. It originated in the nineteenth century in the English county of Yorkshire, for which it is named.
Fun Facts About Yorkshire Terriers:
1. Yorkies are called the “Tomboy Toy.” Don’t be fooled by this toy breed’s tiny stature—they are five to seven pounds of pure tomboy.
2. The Yorkie’s coat has a similar texture to human hair. Yorkies are known for their long, flowing, silky coats, which swish around the show ring.
3. Yorkies have a blue-collar background. Sure, today they may wear bows in their top knots and their self-important air may make them seem like they have royal roots, but Yorkies have a rather unglamorous background of catching rats and other vermin in underground tunnels.
5. One Yorkie was a war hero. In World War II, a Yorkie named Smoky is credited with saving the lives of soldiers by dragging a communications cable through an 8-inch-wide, 60-foot-long drainage culvert. She is also thought to be the world’s first therapy dog, visiting wounded soldiers in hospitals. Smoky was found by an American soldier in 1944 in a Papua New Guinea jungle. When he brought the little dog back to the barracks, U.S. Army Corporal William Wynne took her under his wing, later writing a book about Smoky called Yorkie Doodle Dandy. There are six U.S.-based memorials honoring Smoky, including one in AKC’s Museum of the Dog, and one international memorial in Australia.
6. Yorkies aren’t afraid of the big city (when trained properly). Even a dog as small as a Yorkie can succeed in the Big Apple and other large urban environments. In fact, Yorkies routinely make the top of the list of NYC’s most popular breeds.
Product Dimension: 9.84(L) X 3.54(W) X 7.09(H)
HANSA CREATION, INC. Dogs & Cats is HANSA CREATION's hand-crafted collection of realistic plush animals. It takes great pride in each enchanting work of soft sculpture art, carefully designed to educate, fascinate, captivate and inspire creative play for collectors of all ages.
Artists create each HANSA animal from portraits of the creature in its natural habitat appropriately called Hansa Creation Portrait's in Nature. It is HANSA's uncompromising integrity in design and quality standards that has charmed collectors for generations and continues to mesmerize new collectors of all ages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.